Wednesday 25 November 2009

1 step forward, 2 steps back

Feeling frustrated - I've been set back a few weeks.

That stubborn tooth has got a new brace in a sharper angle to try to encourage it to move. But, the wire I was wearing wouldn't fit so I've had to go back to the wire I finished wearing about nine weeks ago.

But, instead of the naughty tooth moving, all the teeth around it are. So, I've ended up losing the perfect alignment of my bottom four front teeth as two of them have moved off into a straight line.

Difficult to explain, but basically I'm going backwards in my treatment. And it was all going so well.

Ho hum, they definitely won't be off in time for Christmas as we thought - my new goalpost is for them to be off in Feb, exactly one year after getting them on.

Meanwhile, the experience of having a brace removed was... enlightening. These ones are made of porcelain so the crrrrackkk sound it made when my orthodontist broke it off sounded like a tooth being shattered. It wasn't particularly fun, and I'm sort of dreading the experience of getting all of them removed, but the end will be worth it.

I read somewhere that when Tom Cruise had braces on, he had them all removed each time he was doing a movie, and then reattached when he wasn't. I'm impressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment